Chinese mainland visas: Introduction to visa types
Photo by Kristoferb
China’s visa system is often complicated, oblique and frustrating. Just look at the number of different visas available to foreigners planning to visit or live in China! This list breaks down each class of visa, who they’re intended for, and the basic application requirements. Clicking on the title of the relevant visa will take you to a page explaining the requirements for getting it.
Useful Chinese words and phrases
|旅游签证||lǚyóu qiānzhèng||tourist (L) visa|
|学习签证||xuéxí qiānzhèng||student (X) visa|
|工作签证||gōngzuò qiānzhèng||work (Z) visa|
|商务签证||shāngwù qiānzhèng||business (F) visa|
- How do I apply for a Chinese mainland Q Visa for spouses and family members?
- How do I apply for a Chinese mainland S Visa for family visits?
- How can self-employed foreigners arrange a Chinese visa?
- How can I become a Chinese mainland citizen?
- How do I apply for a Chinese mainland C Visa for foreign crew members?